Scalability and time-to-market are major challenges power engineers face when trying to innovate. NexGen’s Power Platform incorporates the major building blocks needed for power systems while enabling next-generation designs.
It's time to level-up.
NexGen’s Power Platform ensures you have the very best in scalable power conversion so you can focus on product differentiation.
NexGen Power Platform
Vertical GaN™ technology at the core
SPEED RELIABILITY PATENTED
Merlin Power Engine software-controlled architecture
SCALABLE NOVEL PROPRIETARY
Innovative Planar Magnetics value-add to system
EFFICIENT SMALL ELEGANT
The perfect power semiconductor.
Powering a new benchmark in power electronics
- Built with GaN grown on a GaN substrate to reduce size and cost
- Switching at a cutting-edge 1+ MHz, 100x the speed of Si and 6x GaN on Si
- Inherently reliable with a 4kV breakdown voltage and Avalanche capability
- Manufactured in NexGen’s 66,000/sq. ft state-of-the-art Fab in Syracuse, NY
World’s First 1+ MHz Switching Digital Powertrain Controller
Delivering advanced power control with a microcontroller-based system that enables high frequency switching of Vertical GaN™.
- Arm® Cortex®-M4 based controller for bridgeless totem pole PFC and LLC
- Implements 1+MHz power control features through novel Software Algorithms
- Enables interleaving of multiple phases for scalability to high power
- Flexible and configurable to adapt to different power topologies
- Easily interfaces with external connectivity and protocols
Innovation Beyond Power
Planar Magnetics eliminates outdated wire-wound magnetics solutions for power systems.
- Provides reduction of noise sources with predictable parasitic effects
- Has a low profile, flat windings, and better heat dissipation
- Enables 10x lower leakage than current magnetic solutions in market
- Excellent repeatability in manufacturing
Introducing the NexSys 240W, a prime example of the promise of Vertical GaN™
Decades old silicon base power conversion systems have reached their limits in solving today’s power system challenges around size, efficiency, and power density. NexGen’s GaN-on-GaN (Vertical GaN™) power conversion technology is driving unique forms of product innovation that’s deliver game changing competitive advantages.
Unmatched performance in an unparalleled size
A new generation of ultra compact, ultra powerful computing and gaming power supply, The NexSys 240W is the first 240W power system that is 61% smaller, 45% lighter, and cuts the power losses down in half compared to the standard power supplies. It’s the new best-in-class for size and power.
94% Efficiency 20 W/in3 Power Density 61% Smaller in Volume 45% Lighter
Commercializing NexGen’s Power Platform
The NexSys 240 integrates all aspects of the NexGen Power Platform to create a differentiated, next-generation system solution.
Our vision is to create the smallest, lightest, most cost-effective power conversion systems in the world.
We are out to change the power electronics equation with highly proprietary technology solutions in discrete semiconductor devices, modules, and power system architectures that increase the efficiency of power conversion systems while dramatically reducing their cost, size, and weight.
We have assembled a world-class team of engineers with proven track records in inventing, developing, and commercializing power conversion technologies. Our roadmap of exciting new products will continue to revolutionize the power systems landscape in consumer and industrial applications.