NexGen New College Grads Careers
NexGen Power Systems designs and manufactures gallium nitride (GaN) power transistors for the $4.8B high-voltage (1200 V) power transistor market. GaN makes transistors that are 10 times faster than silicon (Si) power devices enabling economically significant improvements in sophisticated power systems in their physical size, cost and efficiency. GaN offers a quantum leap over Si in power management performance and has significant cost, performance and reliability advantages. Applications for GaN transistors include server power supplies for Data Centers, Motor Drives, Electric Cars and Solar Inverters.
NexGen Power Systems is headquartered in Santa Clara, California. It builds the GaN power devices in a state-of-the-art fabrication facility located in Syracuse, New York.
NCG Device Engineer
- The individual will be responsible for device characterization and data analysis of GaN vertical power devices and engaging in device optimization to meet market requirements.
- The individual must be self-motivated with ability to handle a fast-paced startup environment.
- Electrical characterization of devices, data analysis, and comparison to targets.
- Device design optimization using TCAD, SPICE, and thermal modeling.
- Design and layout of test chips to verify electrical performance.
- Test specifications for test structures.
- Collaborate with process integration team to establish manufacturing tolerance and optimize device design for manufacturability.
- Work with personnel at NexGen’s Syracuse fab and external foundry partners.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in semiconductor transistor characterization and design required.
- Background in high voltage and power semiconductor devices highly desired.
- Familiarity with semiconductor device TCAD simulation, modeling, and layout tool are pluses.
- Prior experience with GaN is desired but not required.