NexGen New College Grads Careers
NexGen Power Systems designs and manufactures gallium nitride (GaN) power transistors for the $4.8B high-voltage (1200 V) power transistor market. GaN makes transistors that are 10 times faster than silicon (Si) power devices enabling economically significant improvements in sophisticated power systems in their physical size, cost and efficiency. GaN offers a quantum leap over Si in power management performance and has significant cost, performance and reliability advantages. Applications for GaN transistors include server power supplies for Data Centers, Motor Drives, Electric Cars and Solar Inverters.
NexGen Power Systems is headquartered in Santa Clara, California. It builds the GaN power devices in a state-of-the-art fabrication facility located in Syracuse, New York.
Device Development Engineer
- The individual will be responsible for device design, development, and optimization for GaN vertical power devices to meet market requirements.
- The individual must be self-motivated with ability to handle a fast-paced startup environment.
- Device design coordinated with process integration group.
- TCAD simulationsto evaluate device electrical performance and manufacturing process tolerances.
- Design and layout of test chips to verify electrical performance.
- Characterization of device performance and data analysis against targets.
- Set up test specifications for process and device monitoring structures.
- Application of design for manufacturability and design for quality for robust device designs.
- M.S./Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in semiconductor device design required.Background in power semiconductor devices highly desired.
- Prior experience with GaN is desired but not required.
- Familiarity with common TCAD device simulation tools is required, as well as experience with layout tools.