NexGen Power Systems designs and manufactures gallium nitride (GaN) power transistors for the $4.8B high-voltage (1200 V) power transistor market. GaN makes transistors that are 10 times faster than silicon (Si) power devices enabling economically significant improvements in sophisticated power systems in their physical size, cost and efficiency. GaN offers a quantum leap over Si in power management performance and has significant cost, performance and reliability advantages. Applications for GaN transistors include server power supplies for Data Centers, Motor Drives, Electric Cars and Solar Inverters.
NexGen Power Systems is headquartered in Santa Clara, California. It builds the GaN power devices in a state-of-the-art fabrication facility located in Syracuse, New York.
- NexGen Power Systems is seeking a motivated engineer on the Test Engineering team for a new generation of power semiconductor devices based on GaN.
- You will work closely with product engineering, module, device, and applications teams to characterize new products and maintain production test capabilities for in support of volume shipments.
- Operation and maintenance of test hardware and software for the characterization of GaN power semiconductor devices and circuits.
- Implementation, correlation, and release of reliable test solutions in support of production ramps.
- Design and procurement of custom probe cards which can operate in a high voltage environment.
- Specification, design, and implementation of custom test environments to verify device operation to data sheet specifications.
- Development of test solutions for power semiconductor components (1500V/30A) which meet all applicable safety requirements for both operator and equipment.
- Clean and well-commented code constructs.
- Develop and document procedures for advanced reliability text, such as high voltage stress.
- Test efficiency – is the implemented test time within the allotted test time budget target?
- Work closely with Product Engineering to achieve continuous improvement of the test environment as measured by reduction in the test time and yield improvement.
- Work with Applications Engineering on customer-related issues.
- Minimum BS in Electrical Engineering or Physics. MS/PHD is desired.
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of semiconductor product test experience preferably with IGBT or other semiconductor power devices and circuits.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management abilities. Able to work to aggressive schedules.
- Proactive approach to problem identification and solving. Can participate in and drive teams to root cause identification and creative solutions.
- Strong competence in high voltage/high current equipment construction and operation.
- Experience with structured problem-solving methods (e.g. 8D, 5 why)
- Experience with Design of Experiments, statistics for manufacturing engineering.
- Program experience, such as Matlab, Python, JSL LA is a plus.
- Team player.