NexGen Power Systems designs and manufactures gallium nitride (GaN) power transistors for the $4.8B high-voltage (1200 V) power transistor market. GaN makes transistors that are 10 times faster than silicon (Si) power devices enabling economically significant improvements in sophisticated power systems in their physical size, cost and efficiency. GaN offers a quantum leap over Si in power management performance and has significant cost, performance and reliability advantages. Applications for GaN transistors include server power supplies for Data Centers, Motor Drives, Electric Cars and Solar Inverters.
NexGen Power Systems is headquartered in Santa Clara, California. It builds the GaN power devices in a state-of-the-art fabrication facility located in Syracuse, New York.
Senior Principal MOCVD Engineer
- In this role, you will be responsible for MOCVD process development and sustaining.
- The individual must be self-motivated with very little need for management. Startup environment requires this individual to be hard working and flexible in supporting moving wafers through the fab.
- You will work closely with process integration, module and device team to improve device performance and yield.
- Responsible for MOCVD process development, sustaining, characterization, operation and maintenance.
- Develop GaN growth recipes that meet the requirements of device operation.
- Perform characterization through various techniques (ECV, morphology scans etc).
- Troubleshoot and fix any growth-related issues which caused yield or reliability.
- Enable next generation device architectures through new growth recipes.
- Transfer process know-how to manufacturing by creating SOPs and training fab operators.
- Implement process monitoring through SPC.
- Ph.D. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Material Science or related field.
- Hands-on MOCVD GaN growth and characterization expertise.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a similar job function.
- Experience in project leadership roles with excellent oral and verbal communication skills.