NexGen Power Systems designs and manufactures gallium nitride (GaN) power transistors for the $4.8B high-voltage (1200 V) power transistor market. GaN makes transistors that are 10 times faster than silicon (Si) power devices enabling economically significant improvements in sophisticated power systems in their physical size, cost and efficiency. GaN offers a quantum leap over Si in power management performance and has significant cost, performance and reliability advantages. Applications for GaN transistors include server power supplies for Data Centers, Motor Drives, Electric Cars and Solar Inverters.
NexGen Power Systems is headquartered in Santa Clara, California. It builds the GaN power devices in a state-of-the-art fabrication facility located in Syracuse, New York.
Senior Manufacturing Specialist
- In this role of a Manufacturing Operator is to strictly comply with all safety guidelines and process specifications during the handling and processing wafers through the tool sets. To assist engineering by monitoring the process and equipment, reporting abnormalities and to assist in developing or modifying methods and procedures for optimum efficiency, schedule attainment, cost and yield.
- Strict compliance to all safety guidelines and process specifications.
- Safely handle and transport wafers
- Load/ Unload and operate process and measurement equipment
- Accurately record data, document and communicate key information
- Work as a team member with fellow operators and engineers
- Assist in writing and maintaining operating procedures
- Train new Manufacturing Specialists
- Implement 5S initiatives
- Sustain continuous improvement initiatives in assigned workstation.
- 3-5 years prior semiconductor manufacturing experience
- A team player that can take direction, assist others and effectively communicate.
- A detail-oriented individual that can prioritize and multi-task effectively.
- A self-motivated, conscientious individual able to work with minimal supervision.
- Work a 12-hour compressed work schedule, in clean room environment
- Able to stand for long periods and lift 15 pounds
- Able to perform microscope inspections
- Basic computer literacy to include MS Office
- Knowledge of LEAN, 5S and/ or SPC is considered a plus