NexGen Power Systems designs and manufactures gallium nitride (GaN) power transistors for the $4.8B high-voltage (1200 V) power transistor market. GaN makes transistors that are 10 times faster than silicon (Si) power devices enabling economically significant improvements in sophisticated power systems in their physical size, cost and efficiency. GaN offers a quantum leap over Si in power management performance and has significant cost, performance and reliability advantages. Applications for GaN transistors include server power supplies for Data Centers, Motor Drives, Electric Cars and Solar Inverters.
NexGen Power Systems is headquartered in Santa Clara, California. It builds the GaN power devices in a state-of-the-art fabrication facility located in Syracuse, New York.
- The Senior Accountant role is an individual contributor role and the successful candidate will be responsible for various accounting and close processes, as well as calculating and analyzing financial data. The role will have an emphasis on manufacturing related financial and accounting information.
- Requires coordinating with operations leaders, anticipating likely outcomes, and resourcefulness in estimating financial impact.
- Conduct period end actual vs. forecast analysis, especially as it relates to manufacturing variances.
- Analyzing data, allocating costs and preparing reports on labor, equipment, depreciation, other operating expenses, and ensuring that established procedures are followed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5-7 years of experience preferably in high-tech company
- Experience working with cross-functional teams while handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills. strategic thinker, creative and innovative problem-solver.
- Effective and clear communication with internal and external contacts is essential
- Intermediate-Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- 2-4 years of experience in a manufacturing company
- Experience in a semiconductor company
- Budget & Cost model experience