NexGen Power Systems designs and manufactures gallium nitride (GaN) power transistors for the $4.8B high-voltage (1200 V) power transistor market. GaN makes transistors that are 10 times faster than silicon (Si) power devices enabling economically significant improvements in sophisticated power systems in their physical size, cost and efficiency. GaN offers a quantum leap over Si in power management performance and has significant cost, performance and reliability advantages. Applications for GaN transistors include server power supplies for Data Centers, Motor Drives, Electric Cars and Solar Inverters.
NexGen Power Systems is headquartered in Santa Clara, California. It builds the GaN power devices in a state-of-the-art fabrication facility located in Syracuse, New York.
- The Procurement Specialist is accountable for overseeing and managing multiple aspects of the purchasing of equipment and materials.
- The individual must be self-motivated with very little need for management. Startup environment requires this individual to be hard working and flexible in supporting the fab.
- Work with various departments to plan purchasing activities
- Review orders, creating requisitions for purchased items and manage the approval process
- Work with vendors and suppliers to get the best pricing possible and ensure that orders received adhere to supplier agreements and contracts
- Track orders, confirm costs and anticipate delivery dates
- Purchase a variety of materials, supplies, and equipment as required to the support daily business operations
- Collaborate with vendors to ensure a positive working relationship: negotiate pricing and/or terms, and evaluate vendor performance
- Study market prices and trends
- Monitors stock levels
- Act as liaison between suppliers and involved departments to resolve procurement related problems
- Monitor supplier performance and take corrective action as necessary
- BS in related fields or minimum of 8 years related industry experience
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating prices and terms and conditions
- Experience placing POs of complexity and processing high volume POs across various departments
- Experience in the development of cost estimating and cost control, budget development and reporting, and record/document control
- Knowledge of market research, data analysis and purchasing best practices
- A strong analytical mindset
- Outstanding organizational and follow-up skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word