NexGen Power Systems designs and manufactures gallium nitride (GaN) power transistors for the $4.8B high-voltage (1200 V) power transistor market. GaN makes transistors that are 10 times faster than silicon (Si) power devices enabling economically significant improvements in sophisticated power systems in their physical size, cost and efficiency. GaN offers a quantum leap over Si in power management performance and has significant cost, performance and reliability advantages. Applications for GaN transistors include server power supplies for Data Centers, Motor Drives, Electric Cars and Solar Inverters.
NexGen Power Systems is headquartered in Santa Clara, California. It builds the GaN power devices in a state-of-the-art fabrication facility located in Syracuse, New York.
Process Engineering Manager/Director
- The individual will be responsible for various aspects of technology development including unit process development, process sustaining and process integration.
- The individual must be self-motivated with very little need for management. Startup environment requires this individual to be hard working and flexible in supporting moving wafers through the fab.
- Establishing, measuring, and improving metrics for individual process modules including process objective specification, electrical performance and process control metrics.
- Interface with equipment engineering, management and manufacturing teams to improve cycle time, tool availability, process and product yield.
- Transfer process know-how to manufacturing by creating SOPs and training fab operators.
- Ph.D. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Material Science or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a similar job function.
- Understanding of device physics.
- Prior hands-on fab experience is a must.
- Prior experience with GaN is desired but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in data analysis platform such as JMP.