NexGen Power Systems designs and manufactures gallium nitride (GaN) power transistors for the $4.8B high-voltage (1200 V) power transistor market. GaN makes transistors that are 10 times faster than silicon (Si) power devices enabling economically significant improvements in sophisticated power systems in their physical size, cost and efficiency. GaN offers a quantum leap over Si in power management performance and has significant cost, performance and reliability advantages. Applications for GaN transistors include server power supplies for Data Centers, Motor Drives, Electric Cars and Solar Inverters.
NexGen Power Systems is headquartered in Santa Clara, California. It builds the GaN power devices in a state-of-the-art fabrication facility located in Syracuse, New York.
Metals and Films Process Engineer
- In this role you will be responsible for process module development, qualification and manufacturing in Metal evaporation and Films area.
- The individual must be self-motivated with very little need for management. Startup environment requires this individual to be hard working and flexible in supporting moving wafers through the fab.
- The individual is expected to wear multiple hats as this is a startup company.
- Bring up tools by working with equipment engineering and vendors.
- Develop processes that meet device operation requirements.
- Implement inline metrology for process modules.
- Transfer process know-how to manufacturing by creating SOPs and training fab operators.
- Perform SPC reviews of inline metrics.
- PD., M.S. or B.S in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Material Science or related field.
- Prior hands-on experience with Evatec, Plasmatherm PECVD and RTA a plus
- Hands-on experience with CD measurement tools and profilometers.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar job function.
- Prior experience with GaN is desired but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a start-up manufacturing environment.
- Experienced in SPC, DOE and FMEAs