NexGen Power Systems designs and manufactures gallium nitride (GaN) power transistors for the $4.8B high-voltage (1200 V) power transistor market. GaN makes transistors that are 10 times faster than silicon (Si) power devices enabling economically significant improvements in sophisticated power systems in their physical size, cost and efficiency. GaN offers a quantum leap over Si in power management performance and has significant cost, performance and reliability advantages. Applications for GaN transistors include server power supplies for Data Centers, Motor Drives, Electric Cars and Solar Inverters.
NexGen Power Systems is headquartered in Santa Clara, California. It builds the GaN power devices in a state-of-the-art fabrication facility located in Syracuse, New York.
Failure Analysis Technician
- The individual will be responsible for various aspects of failure analysis for Nexgen’s fab process and products.
- The individual must be self-motivated with very little need for management. Startup environment requires this individual to be hard working and flexible in supporting the fab.
- Basic troubleshooting and maintenance of FA tools.
- Support fab tool bring up & process development by providing cross-sections/images and other FA efforts.
- Preparation of lab samples for imaging.
- Develop new techniques for FA imaging.
- Create FA reports and maintain FA database.
- Certificate in Material Science Microscopy, A.A. or B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Material Science or related field.
- Hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge of SEM, EDX, FIB and AFM tools.
- Knowledge of other techniques like SIMS, XRD, Nanoprobe, etc.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar job function or college setting.
- Prior experience with GaN is desired but not required.
- Ability to multi-task on various projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.