NexGen Power Systems designs and manufactures gallium nitride (GaN) power transistors for the $4.8B high-voltage (1200 V) power transistor market. GaN makes transistors that are 10 times faster than silicon (Si) power devices enabling economically significant improvements in sophisticated power systems in their physical size, cost and efficiency. GaN offers a quantum leap over Si in power management performance and has significant cost, performance and reliability advantages. Applications for GaN transistors include server power supplies for Data Centers, Motor Drives, Electric Cars and Solar Inverters.
NexGen Power Systems is headquartered in Santa Clara, California. It builds the GaN power devices in a state-of-the-art fabrication facility located in Syracuse, New York.
- The individual will be responsible for various aspects of equipment maintenance of Nexgen’s fab.
- The individual must be self-motivated with very little need for management. Startup environment requires this individual to be hard working and flexible in supporting the fab.
- Ability to perform, but not limited to, the following tasks
- Must be available to varying shift work including emergency on call
- Monitor tools and do repairs as necessary to keep tools running
- Perform maintenance on equipment
- Trouble shoot equipment failures
- Perform necessary PM
- S. or A.S. degree or vocational training related to technical fields
- Basic computer skills
- Understanding of electrical, mechanical and vacuum
- Experience with MOCVD or epitaxy and fabrication equipment
- Ability to read and understand drawings and schematics is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills