NexGen Power Systems designs and manufactures gallium nitride (GaN) power transistors for the $4.8B high-voltage (1200 V) power transistor market. GaN makes transistors that are 10 times faster than silicon (Si) power devices enabling economically significant improvements in sophisticated power systems in their physical size, cost and efficiency. GaN offers a quantum leap over Si in power management performance and has significant cost, performance and reliability advantages. Applications for GaN transistors include server power supplies for Data Centers, Motor Drives, Electric Cars and Solar Inverters.
NexGen Power Systems is headquartered in Santa Clara, California. It builds the GaN power devices in a state-of-the-art fabrication facility located in Syracuse, New York.
Equipment Engineering Manager
- The Equipment Engineering Manager is responsible for the effective, timely and cost-efficient maintenance of all process and metrology tools.
- Responsible for the training, development and performance of the equipment engineer/ technician team.
- Supports company start-up by establishing the basic procedures, rules and systems of an effective equipment maintenance department.
- Oversee the installation and maintenance of process and metrology tools.
- Develop and implement a preventive maintenance program and procedures.
- Establish and maintain an inventory of spare parts, PM kits and consumables.
- Drive projects to improve tool availability, workmanship, and reduce cost.
- Enforces strict compliance to spec’d work procedures and safety rules.
- Provides recommendations and decision-making support to management.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in relevant field or equivalent experience.
- 10 years previous experience in Semiconductor Wafer Fab preferred.
- 3-5 years previous supervisor and or management experience.
- Understanding of electrical, mechanical and vacuum systems.
- Able to work in cleanroom environment across multiple shifts.
- Committed to setting and achieving aggressive goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.