NexGen Power Systems designs and manufactures gallium nitride (GaN) power transistors for the $4.8B high-voltage (1200 V) power transistor market. GaN makes transistors that are 10 times faster than silicon (Si) power devices enabling economically significant improvements in sophisticated power systems in their physical size, cost and efficiency. GaN offers a quantum leap over Si in power management performance and has significant cost, performance and reliability advantages. Applications for GaN transistors include server power supplies for Data Centers, Motor Drives, Electric Cars and Solar Inverters.
NexGen Power Systems is headquartered in Santa Clara, California. It builds the GaN power devices in a state-of-the-art fabrication facility located in Syracuse, New York.
Equipment Engineer – Backend
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair semi-conductor process tools.
- Responsible for sustaining a high level of availability on assigned tools.
- Document standard operating procedures
- Continuously improve procedures, methods, cost and performance.
- Key participate in creating a new operation from the ground up.
- Execute preventative maintenance procedures
- Troubleshoot and resolve unplanned tool down events
- Document Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintain spare parts inventory
- Forecast budget requirements and contain cost
- Establish business relationship with field service support representatives
- Train equipment technicians
- Interact with device/ process engineering, manufacturing and manufacturing staff.
- A.S. degree or B.S. degree in applicable field of study
- Self-motivated and driven to work with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of electrical, mechanical and vacuum systems
- Understanding of Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Ability to read and understand drawings and schematics is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and respond to changing priorities in dynamic work environment.
- Previous experience as equipment engineer or technician in a semi-conductor Wafer Fab in one of more of the following areas
- Wet Cleans
- EPI/ MOCVD
- Dry Etch
- Thin Films
- Backgrind/ Assembly