NexGen Power Systems designs and manufactures gallium nitride (GaN) power transistors for the $4.8B high-voltage (1200 V) power transistor market. GaN makes transistors that are 10 times faster than silicon (Si) power devices enabling economically significant improvements in sophisticated power systems in their physical size, cost and efficiency. GaN offers a quantum leap over Si in power management performance and has significant cost, performance and reliability advantages. Applications for GaN transistors include server power supplies for Data Centers, Motor Drives, Electric Cars and Solar Inverters.
NexGen Power Systems is headquartered in Santa Clara, California. It builds the GaN power devices in a state-of-the-art fabrication facility located in Syracuse, New York.
Entry Level Facility Technician
- The individual will be responsible for various aspects of facility systems and subsystems of Nexgen’s fab.
- The individual must be self-motivated with very little need for management. Startup environment requires this individual to be hard working and flexible in supporting the fab.
- Understand and follow all plant safety procedures including Lock-Out-Tag-Out (LOTO) where applicable.
- Total ownership of managing Preventative Maintenance (PM) program for all machinery and equipment.
- Perform tasks as applicable that are assigned from PM program.
- Inspect conditions of plant equipment and wear items such as belts, bearings, filters, chains, & sprockets, motor brushes, etc.
- Lubricate and check oil levels per PM schedule
- Work with Maintenance Tech staff replacing, aligning or installing parts as needed to complete required PM.
- Perform light duty maintenance tasks such as belt changes or light bulb replacements.
- Contribute to overall cleanliness and safety of working areas by keeping work area neat and orderly and cleaning up the general working area at the completion of each job.
- Provide administrative and entry level support as necessary to Maintenance team to ensure parts are ordered and received helping to ensure open projects can efficiently and effectively be completed.
- Basic computer skills
- Understanding of electrical, mechanical and HVAC is a plus but not required
- Experience or training in BMS/FMS computer animated systems is a plus
- Experience with facility systems and subsystems is a plus
- Ability to read and understand drawings and schematics is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.