NexGen Power Systems designs and manufactures gallium nitride (GaN) power transistors for the $4.8B high-voltage (1200 V) power transistor market. GaN makes transistors that are 10 times faster than silicon (Si) power devices enabling economically significant improvements in sophisticated power systems in their physical size, cost and efficiency. GaN offers a quantum leap over Si in power management performance and has significant cost, performance and reliability advantages. Applications for GaN transistors include server power supplies for Data Centers, Motor Drives, Electric Cars and Solar Inverters.
NexGen Power Systems is headquartered in Santa Clara, California. It builds the GaN power devices in a state-of-the-art fabrication facility located in Syracuse, New York.
Director of Quality
- The individual will be responsible development and implementation of Quality/Reliability systems.
- The individual must be self-motivated with very little need for management.
- Startup environment requires this individual to be hard working and flexible in supporting company objectives.
- Develop and implement quality systems and procedures.
- Develop and implement reliability methodology.
- Audit and assess quality of internal documentation.
- Develop and implement Risk analysis (FMEA) process and procedures.
- Audit and improve internal 8D methodologies.
- M.S. in Engineering, Physics, Materials Science, or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a semiconductor quality related field.
- Prior hands-on fab experience in multiple process modules.
- Prior experience with GaN is desired but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in manufacturing environment.